Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What's a dollar worth?


If I were to go by my gut, it feels like a dollar is worth more than ever. At least, everyone I know is having a really tough time getting their hands on any dollars. The traders who watch the markets closely have seen some strength in the dollar index but it still hasn't made a convincing seperation from its low last year. It is still almost 30% of its high in 2002.

So, where are we going? Speculation is none existent, futures markets are down but strong, equities are down but their promise is not forgotten, and cash is the only thing people want but it's still not worth what it was. Unemployment is up, and so is government spending. It is wacky. It is so dissapointing, because we just elected the most liberal government in the history of our country, but I think the US needs an old fashioned kick in the ass from the folks on the farm. I hope commodity prices go through the roof, and the government stops spending money. I think we'll find out what a dollar is really worth when the populus can't afford bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This website is maintained by MediAbyss